Friday, October 5, 2012

I Think I'll Call Him Schmidt

I have been taking to a guy for over a week now and for the life of me, can't come up with a nickname for him.  Sure he's from SoCal and likes the Chargers, and moved here recently from Portland, but nothing I can think of really seems to fit him.  He's a pretty normal guy and we have a lot in common, so why in the world has this been so difficult?

We went out on Tuesday to my favorite local bar and had a great first date. We had spent so much time texting recently, that it took a few minutes to figure out where to start, but once we got talking, neither one of us stopped (I know, no surprise to those that know me).  The rest of the night was filled with bar trivia and drinks, both of which were fantastic!  We managed to make a glorious last place finish with the trivia game, but I have no problem admitting that I know nothing about Harry Potter, the middle east or which chick won the Miss America pageant two years running. 

When it was time to leave, he walked me to my car, where we stood there and chuckled about the awkward first date couple a few feet away trying to say good night.  It was kind of sweet watching them fumble around each other, trying to decide if they would be ending the night with just a hug.  Us, on the other hand, ended the night with the most amazing first date good night kiss I have ever had.  I'm not kidding - it made me forget where I was! There was nothing awkward about it and I probably could have stood there all night, had I not been right in front of the bar under the street light (yes, SD that was me thinking ahead in case he ended up being a psycho). 

So needless to say, there will DEFINITELY be a second date with this one!

As for his nickname, it came to me yesterday while we were having a conversation about the show New Girl.  I said, "all people have a friend like Schmidt," to which he probably regrets saying, "yeah, that would be me."  So there you have it....Schmidt!  

No comments:

Post a Comment