Sunday, October 14, 2012

Dinner and a Movie

Life has been a little busy lately, but I did manage to squeeze in a 3rd date with Chicago recently.

Our third date would be dinner and a movie at his house (now, calm down, no need to get carried away there). Granted, it was in the middle of the week, which worried me slightly since I would be up late and I'm pretty fond of my sleep (and am NOT a happy person without it)!

I headed out to his house, which is a good 20 minutes out into the boonies. Thankfully I had some idea where it was, but it didn't help that there was construction on the one road that I knew! And GPS is never helpful and I wanted to toss my phone out the window after it said "recalculating" for the 412 time.  I did get to see what a nice neighborhood it was across the road from him as I wound though all the streets trying to get out of the suburban maze.

When I got there, dinner still had about 20 minutes to go in the oven (yes, he baked), so we chatted and played with the dog. Granted, I am not the biggest dog person, but he's pretty sweet to her and its adorable. I got a tour of the house, which is nice, but I totally like mine better! haha

Dinner was a fantastic casserole dish that his mom taught him to make - he was pretty proud of himself and it was pretty tasty.  Who'd have thought that something with tater tots on the top would have been that good! We both ate more than we should have, but agreed that sometimes you just have to do it.

Chicago has about 500 movies to choose from and of course, I was tasked with picking out what we were going to watch. I'm sorry, but that is some crazy pressure! If he had just had action movies, I would have been fine, but he has EVERYTHING! I was slightly worried that the movie I chose could have been a death sentence (okay, not really, but it was still some intense pressure).  Being in the mood for something funny, I picked out Forgetting Sarah Marshall.  When I handed it to him, he just his head and started laughing.  Apparently he had just watched it the day before! At least I knew I was on the right track, but now I had to go through the process all over again! By process of elimination, I only looked at what he had on BluRay (cause we all knows guys won't be watching regular DVDs once they start buying BluRay). I ended up with Zombieland in my hand and got the nod of approval when he looked my direction.  Who doesn't love this movie, right?

After reciting lines and mocking the actors through the whole movie, the night started to come to an end.  His roommate did come home for a few minutes and I got to meet her, and instantly liked her. They bantered back and forth like brother and sister and it was pretty entertaining.  Unfortunately, I think he got the better of her, but I had to give her props for trying!

Now some of you might find it hard to believe that I had been on two dates with him already and hadn't gotten a kiss yet.  Sure, maybe it was a little odd, but I quickly realized after the first date, it was just that he was respectful.  I had hoped for one on the second date, but when that didn't happen, it sure as hell would on this one! For those that know me, I tend to be a take charge kind of person, so he didn't stand a chance this time. Lucky for me, I didn't have to pull that card.  While cuddling on the couch and talking about nothing, he finally made the move and kissed me.  It was totally sweet and what I had expected.  I know that sounds terrible, but I wasn't expecting the bells and whistles that I had gotten from my good night kiss with Schmidt a few days earlier.

It was good night - totally worth the "long" drive and the getting lost in suburbia. 

So I guess the question now is, will there be a 4th date?

1 comment: